Monday, September 22, 2008


Menu Monday

It's Menu Monday! The day I print out my Weekly Menu Planner and go through my cupboards to see what I have and what I still need. Then I plan my menus for the week and make a grocery list, making sure I have all the ingredients I need for dinners for the week. I don't usually plan breakfast and lunch, but I always make sure I have plenty of those items on-hand. Those are usually spur of the moment decisions, unless my hubby requests something specific for breakfast on the weekend. Monday is also Farmer's Market day here so we get all our fresh fruits and veggies on Mondays as well. It sure does help with the planning!

Here's the menu for this week:

MONDAY
Nelson's Fried Catfish
Fresh steamed Brussels sprouts
Cheese grits
TUESDAY
Mexican Goulash
Heavenly Cornbread
Salad with PW's Homemade Ranch Dressing
WEDNESDAY
*Date Night*
Macaroni and cheese for the kids
Olive Garden for us
THURSDAY
Bert's Chicken & Rice
Sourdough Bread
Asparagus
FRIDAY
Chicken Salad Focaccia
Sweet Potato Fries
SATURDAY
Chicken Enchiladas
Black Bean Soup
Salad
SUNDAY
Eat out at Sonny's BBQ

And just to show you what I use, here is my Printable Weekly Menu Planner for you. Nothing special and really simple, but it's just what I need. Sometimes I jazz it up and add some graphics or print it on pretty paper, but most of the time I am so busy and in such a hurry, it is just plain old black and white! Let me know how it works for you. Happy Monday!

Weekly Menu Planner


No comments: